So a few months ago (oops), the wonderful Nicole nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. I saw the nomination but have been pretty quiet on the blogging front for a few months, due to an extremely busy schedule. (More about that in a future post – or maybe several. If I have time. :P) Now that I’ve got a bit of time to dedicate specifically to blogging, I’d like to join in with my response to her nomination! (Sorry for the delay, Nicole! I didn’t forget!)
The Mystery Blogger Award… (as Posted by Nicole):
- is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get.
- is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.
- was created by Okoto Enigma.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
Three Things About Me:
- I have absolutely no fear of telling exactly people what I think… But I’m also polite to a fault and often decide not to for that reason.
- I am much more of a dog person than a cat person, but cats don’t seem to know this.
- I am awful at finishing first drafts. I currently have four, none of which are finished. I do too much editing as I go and can’t shelve new writing ideas or they’ll bug me until I unshelve them. It’s a problem.
Questions from Nicole:
- Favorite dragon of all time? I accept GIFs as an answer. Oh, good, I have a perfect GIF for that one… Are you surprised? I should think not. 😉
- What is your best advice concerning finding balance in life? I’m pretty awful at finding balance, personally. My sisters and college friends would laugh so hard if you asked them how I do it. (Because I pretty much don’t.) I think my best advice is to make sure you establish your priorities. If you’ve thought through what is most important to you (and you revisit the list regularly and adjust as needed), then you’re more likely to maintain those focuses (foci? words are hard), even if it’s not consciously.
- Most underrated color and why? Oh, definitely grey. (Yes, I prefer to spell it with an ‘e,’ despite being American.) I don’t know many (if any) who choose grey as their favorite, but as a writer, I love using grey. The color has so many hues and values. There’s a ton of potential for conveying emotion and character and scene. Plus, if you get the right shade, it can match just about anything. 😉
- What’s the question you’ve always wished you were asked on one of these things? And what’s the answer? Oh, dear. Um… How about, “What’s the meaning of life?” The answer is, clearly, 42.
- How do you create happiness for yourself? How would you encourage others to do so? This is also something I’m not so good at, though I’m generally in a pretty decent mood, if stressed. I think I do this best by taking the time to notice the small things. The flowers in the parking lot landscaping as I hurry into work. The nearly-full moon on the drive home late at night. The way the cat-that-is-ours-but-not-quite-ours meets me at the door in the mornings and sits watching while I leave, then greets me when I come home. How excited a friend or coworker gets when say hello or I ask about their day. A song that captures my mood just perfectly. Writing a (rare) great line. Finding the perfect word. I get ridiculously excited over that kind of small-stuff-that-really-isn’t-so-small-after-all. Celebrating those little things keeps my hectic, no-rest-for-the-weary life from being too overwhelming or making me depressed, despite the near-constant stress.
- Bonus: Cute puppy picture just for kicks? How about a Percy pic or two? Sorry if they’re repeats from other platforms!
Nominees (or More Accurately, Lack Thereof):
As little as I have been able to blog or catch up on reading blogs the last few months (er, maybe more like six) and as many of my go-to nominees have apparently already done this (after a quick glance at their blogs to check), I’ll again refrain from nominating. I promise I’ll really try to work on my blog(ger) network when things finally slow down again in another month! If you haven’t been nominated and want to respond to mine, you’re more than welcome to do so! I’ll even come read your posts, if you let me know you have! 🙂
Questions for Nominees:
- (This is my “weird” one, though I suppose it’s more random than weird.) Do you consider yourself to be short, tall, or somewhere in between?
- Read any good books lately? Which ones? If you haven’t, what’s keeping you from reading?
- What little things have you stopped to notice, lately? (Did you take pictures??)
- If you could choose one song as a soundtrack for either your current work in progress (if you write) or for your life, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite social media platform? Why?
Best Post Link:
I’m not sure how best to choose my “best post,” so I’ve chosen one I personally particularly like. You can find it here.
Thanks for reading!